Schloarship funding is supported by The Coach Nick Classic Golf Tournament which is held every year in the spring. The CNC is a fundraising event in honor of Coach Nick Yetishefsky.
Nick Yetishefsky was a Hebron resident and worked for the MDC in Hartford. On Oct 17, 2011 he passed away suddenly while at work. Nick was an athlete and played soccer and baseball and coached both his children Emily and Nicky in youth soccer and baseball. Nick was a coach in Hebron Baseball coaching Nicky and teammates from t-ball through majors. Nick’s wife Meg remains active in sports at RHAM High School and would like to honor his memory by funding scholarships in his name. The proceeds come from a golf tournament held in his honor every year at Blackledge Country Club- the Coach Nick Classic. Visit www.coachnickclassic.com.
RYB Scholarship Program
Information regarding the RHAM Youth Baseball player scholarship program (Click here for the form)
RHAM Youth Baseball firmly believes that each child who wishes to play baseball should be entitled to do so regardless of skill, gender, or financial circumstances. Our league will not deny any child a chance to play baseball due to a financial hardship.
RHAM Youth Baseball Scholarship Program
To aid parents who may need assistance with registration fees, Hebron Youth Baseball has a comprehensive scholarship program that covers the following areas:
- Full scholarships that cover all registration fees
- Partial scholarships that cover a portion of the registration fees
- Assistance with uniforms and equipment needs that are required to be a part of the team and participate in baseball play.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Those seeking a scholarship must explain the nature of the hardship and/or provide documentation supporting the request.
Specifically, to be eligible for a scholarship, the following information must be provided to Hebron Youth Baseball:
What Every Parent and/or Guardian Should Know About the Scholarship Process
Before submitting the scholarship form (which can be found on this web site under the forms & documents section) to RHAM Youth Baseball, parents and/or guardians should understand the following:
- The scholarship eligibility requirements
- The scholarship review period turnaround time (up to 7 days)
- Forms need to be completely filled out (detailed instructions are included with the form)
- Contact the RHAM Youth Baseball President or Vice President with questions
How to Apply for a Scholarship
The scholarship request process is very straightforward. To ensure proper due diligence, every scholarship request is examined and assessed on its own merit.
1. Once the scholarship form (located in the forms & documents section) has been submitted, the RHAM Youth Baseball President will review the request
2. The Scholarship Review Period can take up to 7 days to complete
o Within 5 Days: The President will respond indicating the scholarship has been received, ask questions, and/or ask for additional documentation
o Within 7 Days: The President will respond via e-mail with a decision on the scholarship request
Terms and Conditions
If the scholarship request is approved, the following terms and conditions will apply:
1. The scholarship covers the registration fees only for one season in all or in part.
2. Parent or legal guardian agrees to "re-pay" the League through volunteering for Fund raising, League functions and activities (for ex, helping with Opening Day, working the snack bar, helping with teams, etc) if so requested.
3. The player must meet all residence and proof age requirements (all required documents must be verified either on certification day or prior to the skills evaluations - refer to the League Calendar for dates)
4. A registration form must be completed for the player - providing essential details including address, contact information and medical authorization
Frequently Asked Questions
Where should I send the application ?
Please email your application to the league President Ed Lavoie at:
What if I do not have email ?
You can fill out the application and mail to RHAM Youth Baseball P.O box 699 Hebron, CT 06248
How much should I apply for ?
Please enter "how much can I afford" on the form. The scholarship committee will take all information into consideration when making its decision.