CT Cal Ripken 10U State Tournament
Dear Tournament Team Managers:
On behalf of our President, Steve Turco and the entire Hebron Baseball organization, I am pleased to welcome you to the 2017 Connecticut Cal Ripken 10U State Tournament to be held at Burnt Hill Park, 148 East Street, Hebron, CT 06248. We look forward to your teams and their families joining us for this event beginning on Saturday, July 1, 2017. This tournament is held under the direction of State Commissioner Mike Haddad and his capable staff. State Chairman Phil Marcoux will be acting as the onsite Tournament Director. We are pleased to help them bring this tournament to you.
1. Please consult the Connecticut Cal Ripken website at http://connecticutbaberuthleagues.siplay.com/site/ClientSite/article/1446592 for all requirements. Please consult the Hebron Baseball website http://hebronbaseball.org/ for all tournament information.
2. Burnt Hill Park is a multi-use facility with two baseball fields as well as fields for soccer, football and lacrosse. When you enter the park, you will pass a soccer field. At your first left, you can turn up to the two tournament fields. There is plenty of parking near the fields and overflow parking throughout the park. There will be bleachers at both fields along the baselines but the park is designed for families to sit in chairs or on blankets beyond the center field fences where the best view of the game can be had. Immaculately clean bathroom facilities can be found in a building past the Upper Field. A concessions trailer with hot food, cold drinks, ice cream and snacks will be found between the two fields.
3. First aid kits will be provided by the host league for each dugout.
4. Please see the Pregame, Ingame and Postgame Information sheet for all warmup details. Please provide your lineup to the scorer and the opposing manager as soon as possible after arriving at the field and certainly no later than thirty minutes before game time in order that the scorer and public address announcer can complete their pregame preparations. All scores and pitching information will be emailed each day to all managers. We will post write-ups about the games each day on our website and our Facebook page. We will be tweeting from the fields as well.
5. Per the Policies and Procedures for State Tournaments, the tournament fee is $200. Checks may be made payable to Hebron Youth Baseball, Inc. Each team will pay one umpire $60 (preferably cash) at home plate before the game. The State Commissioner will provide tournament baseballs.
6. In the event of inclement weather, we will attempt to make decisions in concert with our umpires and the Connecticut Cal Ripken team as early as possible. We recognize that many teams are coming from quite a distance and will do our best not to inconvenience you.
7. Please bring your tournament binder to your first game. It will be returned to you after your last game.
8. Please forward a copy of your roster with numbers for all players and coaches immediately. If possible, we would like to produce a tournament program with that information but will require a few days of lead time to get that done.
9. While we see no reason why you would feel the need to leave Burnt Hill Park with its outstanding concessions offerings, if you feel the need to do so, you will find a grocery store, a locally owned coffee shop, a Dunkin Donuts, and a couple of casual restaurants in the center of Hebron which is about three miles from the park. There is an indoor batting cage with a pro shop about fifteen minutes away (The Batter’s Box, 223 Route 6, Columbia, CT) in the event anyone has equipment issues.
Our goal is for this tournament to run smoothly by anticipating your needs and responding to them quickly. I can be reached via the contact information below. Please make sure I have your cell phone number and email address(es.)
Very truly yours